I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned my love for cherries before. If not… I freaking LOVE cherries! I decided to do a refreshing take on a summer classic, Cherry Limeade. You can make this bevy any time of the year since frozen cherries are readily available in most groceries. However, if you’ve got fresh cherries, the flavor will be brighter and fresher! Remove the pits and get started!
You will need the following:
- 10 cherries, pits removed
- Simple syrup (1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, brought to a boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Let cool.)
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- club soda
- Once the simple syrup is cooled, add the lime juice and place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Add the cherries and about 1/3 cup of “limeade simples syrup” to a shaker. With a muddling tool, smash the hell out of the cherries.
- Once smashed, add three full to the rim, shots of vodka. Give that a swirl and strain over two ice filled glasses.
- Top off with club soda and garnish with halved cherries or a lime wedge.
I hope you’ll add this to your party over this holiday weekend! Enjoy this or whichever cocktails you consume responsibly. Swearing Mom out.