The leftovers are coveted nearly as much as the meal itself! The morning after thanksgiving my dad would have an open faced turkey sandwich with plenty of this gravy and a slice of pumpkin pie. These are as much tradition as any other part of the holiday! Having turkey feast leftovers for breakfast is like a shot of methodone to stay off the heroine withdrawals! To keep the shakes at bay, I came up with this delicious hash bake.
You will need the following:
- Two heaping cups chopped turkey meat
- Three cups stuffing
- Two cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup gravy
- 6 eggs
- In a 12″ skillet, melt half a stick of salted butter.
- Add stuffing, potatoes and gravy, combine. This is a “chunk” of gravy! Cold gravy does this! No need to dilute and reheat for this. It will all come together in the skillet.See? Just like that!
- Without stirring, allow this mixture to cook until it gets a nice crust on the bottom. See that crust?!?! That’s the flavor!
- Remove from heat. Add the eggs to the top of your hash one at a time by cracking each into a bowl first to both, avoid egg shells and to gently place them.
- Pop the skillet into a 400 degree oven and bake just until whites are set. Serve immediately.
The crust that formed on the bottom of this hash was pure magic. It gave the dish a depth of flavor that even my five year old could appreciate. I hope you’ll try it! Do let me know if you do. Swearing Mom out.