Are you ready for some FOOTBALL? Super Bowl is almost here and this little bite is bound to please your crowd! Food, beers and bets! We are all going to crowd around TVs and watch the spectacle that is Super Bowl LI this Sunday. Whether you are at home with your family, at a pub with a crowd or at a house party with friends, enjoy yourself and do so responsibly… download that Lyft app!
You will need the following:
- 1 pound of ground meat. I used turkey, if you use beef, make sure it’s as lean as possible or you will have very greasy burger bites!
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of tater tots, cooked according to package
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, mix meat, egg and bread crumbs until combined. Add seasoning and mix again.
- Place two cooked tots in each opening of a mini muffin tin. Smash them down with a melon baller.
- Using a small scoop, add ground meat mixture to the tater cups.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes
- Add a dab of ketchup to each and top with shredded cheese. Return to oven for an additional five minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
Serve these right out of the oven and place bets on how fast they’ll disappear. Swearing Mom out.