This dip is incredibly simple and completely delicious! The Hatch Chiles are going to be gone soon. Maybe this weekend you can round a few up and make this for a gathering! Roasting the chiles made the flavor a bit more mild but kept the tang and still had legit kick, even through the cheese.
You will need the following:
- 12oz bottle of beer (I used Dos Equis in the green bottle, but anything light and crisp should do!)
- 8oz cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1 pound jack cheese, shredded
- 2-3 Hatch Chiles, roasted seeds removed and diced
- Corn chips
- 2-3 sprigs fresh cilantro
- In a medium sauce pan, bring beer to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Add cubed cream cheese. Once incorporated, add shredded cheese and diced chiles. Stir until smooth. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot with chips. Re-heat periodically in the microwave as needed. 30 seconds on high power, stir and repeat if necessary.
Make this with roasted jalepenos or canned green chiles if Hatch are unavailable. Perfect for any casual gathering. Enjoy!
Photography by James Stiles