Sometimes you have stay up late to help your child with a school project that he suddenly realized was due! I mean, it’s not his fault, right? Ummmm… yeah. So, my TGIF cocktail didn’t happen yesterday, but that’s ok! We are going to have a sensational Saturday drank instead 🙂
My pomegranate tree is poppin’ right now so, I need to use them for the greater good! In this case, the “greater good” is this sparkling pink beverage.
You will need the following:
- Rosemary, 6 or so sprigs plus more for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- Pomegranate juice, about 2 Tbsp per beverage
- Pomegranate arils for garnish
- Pour sugar and 1 cup water into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring occasionally. Once sugar is dissolved add rosemary and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes. Strain, cool and store in a sealed container.
- Pour 2 Tbsp pomegranate juice and 2 Tbsp of your simple syrup into a champagne flute. Top with Prosecco and garnish with a few pomegranate arils and a sprig of rosemary.
Voila! You have a delicious and unique take on your Prosecco!
One Comment Add yours