I have been a “vodka girl” for a long time. I was a bartender in my early twenties and was turned off by too many shots of cheap tequila. Trust me on this, good tequila is worth it. I like this particular tequila, Corazon. It’s a smooth reposado that has a sweet finish. I decided to use it to make a refreshingly cool version of this tequila classic and I was not disappointed! I know it’s fall every where, but here in Southern California we are still in the throws of summer. I promise that I will get a fall inspired cocktail to you soon, but for now, throw on some beach music and enjoy this delicious beverage before the last glimmer of summer is gone.
You will need the following:
- Fresh Lime
- Simple Syrup (You can buy it but making it is ultra easy. 1 cup granulated sugar, 1 cup water, brought to a simmer until sugar is completely dissolved)
- 6 Persian or snacking cucumbers, juiced. I got 2 cups from 6. If you use regular cucumbers 2-3 should yield the same but be sure to remove the bitter peel. Look at the beautiful green!
- Fine granulated or castor sugar for the rim
- Cut a lime in 8 wedges. Use one to circle the rim of your glasses to make the sugar stick. Pour sugar into a saucer and gently dip the rim of your glasses and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add 3 1oz shots of tequila, the juice of half a lime, 1/2 cup cucumber juice and 1/4 cup simple syrup. Swirl gently until combined.
- In your sugar rimmed glasses, add ice cubes and pour cucumber tequila mixture evenly over two glasses.
- Top off with club soda and garnish with a wedge of lime.
- Turn on your favorite cumbia and enjoy!
I hope you will try this. It is truly a winner. Cool and refreshing, it goes down easy so, be responsible and make sure your guests have their Uber apps! TGIF and orale, bitches!
Swearing Mom out.