The skeleton rises on halloween. Emerging from the ground to walk the earth for one haunted, creeping, calorie filled night of the year! Ok, I’m talking about sweets! Three treats in one, actually! These adorable cookie concoctions can be as simple or as “from scratch” as you like. Send a tray of them to school with your kiddo or take them to the neighbor’s halloween party! You can wrap them in cellophane bags, tie them off with a ribbon and you’ll have an adorable favor for your own party!
You will need the following:
- Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is perfect for these guys, but if you’re short on time, buy the cookies pre-made. Just be sure to buy the soft batch variety.
- White chocolate or yogurt covered mini pretzels, Again, you can melt some white chocolate chips and dip your own or you can buy them pre-dipped! You’ll need 4 per skeleton.
- Pretzel sticks. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen these come covered in white chocolate so I dipped them myself. One per skeleton.
- Large marshmallows. One per skeleton.
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted.
- 1/8 cup chocolate chips, melted.
- Melt white chips in the microwave. It should take about a minute and a half and you should stir them every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Spoon a dime sized dollop of melted white chocolate onto the center of a chocolate chip cookie. Insert a pretzel stick directly behind it.
- Working quickly, place one covered pretzel on to the white chocolate threading the pretzel stick through the triangle shaped hole. Gently press the first pretzel onto the white chocolate. Repeat with two more pretzels.
- Spoon a tiny bit more of the white chocolate onto the third pretzel.
- Break a pretzel stick in half and dip the halves into the white chocolate. Place them onto the third pretzel and top with the fourth.
- Next, poke a hole in one side of a marshmallow with a toothpick. Dip the end of a toothpick in the melted regular chocolate chips and make your face.
- Once the faces have dried, stick them on top of the pretzel rod and voila! You have the most delicious skeleton ever!
I tested these out on my girlfriend’s kids and found that not only were they a huge hit, but they traveled well! Please share it with me if you try this out. I would love to see your treats and any variations that may have come to you. Perhaps you built yours on a brownie! The Sky is the limit! Happy haunting! Swearing Mom out.
2 Comments Add yours
Wow they’re so cute and look relatively simple to make! Thanks 🙂
It’s my pleasure! Let me know if you try them!