My kiddo is on spring break and all three boys will be home tomorrow. I thought it would be nice to leave them with a morning treat. I looked in the pantry and saw dark chocolate chunks and became inspired to make some muffins! These oversized breakfast treats are going to make my boys SUPER happy… perhaps even happy enough to do their damned chores without being harassed! Don’t burst my bubble, bitch. Anyway, they were easy to whip up and I was feeling generous… Don’t make me regret it, you filthy animals!
If you would like to give your undeserving creatures a special treat…
You will need the following:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease or line standard muffin cups. If you use no liner or a regular liner, you will get about 12 regular sized muffins. If you get the tall paper liners shown below, you can fill them beyond your muffin tin for 6-8 jumbo sized muffins.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips together.
- In another bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together until fluffy. Add the milk and the oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fold the wet into the dry ingredients until just barely combined. Take care not to over mix. Fold in chocolate chips with just a few strokes of a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Fill muffin cups or papers to the tops. The batter will rise and crack yielding that perfect “muffin top” look. Not like my love handles over my jeans waist.
- Bake at 425 for 8 minutes (5 for regular sized muffins). Reduce temp to 375 and bake another 20 minutes (15 for regular sized) or until puffed up and lightly golden on top.
Allow to cool a few minutes before serving or store in an airtight container at room temp. These won’t last long enough to worry about long term storage 🙂 Enjoy! Swearing Mom out.