My mom has been making these cookies for years. She’s not a prolific baker by any means but these are her “go to”. They are completely delicious, so that’s a good thing! She got the recipe from one of the moms in my choir booster club and they’ve been “the cookie” ever since. What makes them so great that they can be considered “world’s best”? For me, that’s everything… They have everything you want in a cookie! They are as if a Pecan Sandy went rogue. There is that buttery, sandy crumb as well as the crunch of corn flakes and the chew of shredded coconut! These cookies are the best! The world’s best, if you will.
You will need the following:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- Note: this dough requires chilling.
- Cream butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add oil and stir until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mix until smooth, then stir in the salt and baking soda.
- Mix in oats and flour until just mixed. Stir in coconut, nuts, and cornflakes.
- Cover the cookie dough and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Using a small scoop or spoon, place cookies 2” apart on prepared cookie sheets and gently press down flattening the cookies into discs. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the bottoms just start to turn golden brown. Cool at least 5 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
I can’t prove that these are the best, but you can test my theory! Enjoy! Swearing Mom out.