This might be the only time you see the words “pumpkin spice” on my blog. I legit have issues with that craze and think people need to chill on that! Your latte and your candle is one thing, your laundry detergent and body spray is another! GTFOH with that already! Dessert is a whole other thing, though! Sweets is EXACTLY where these flavors should live and this stupid easy “cobbler” is a fantastic example of that! I put cobbler in parenthesis because this is a bit of a mash up. It’s a cobbler/dumpcake/ pie cross and it really worked.
You will need the following:
- 2 cans (15oz) pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tblsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 box spiced cake mix
- 2 sticks salted butter, melted
- In a stand mixer, beat pumpkin, evaporated milk and eggs on low speed until smooth.
- Next, add sugars, spices, salt and flour. Beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Pour the pumpkin custard into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix into an even layer on top of the custard.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top and bake in a 350 degree oven for about an hour until the top is bubbling and golden.
Serve this cobbler with some freshly whipped and unsweetened cream. Trust me, it’s sweet enough on its own and the additional sugar is not warranted. If you’d like, add some vanilla bean to it for additional flavor. No matter how you serve this, it will be a new fall hit and is a fine example of pumpkin spice in its natural habitat. Swearing Mom out.
3 Comments Add yours
This looks tasty!
It was! I hope you’ll try it and let me know how you liked it!
Sounds and looks so delicious!