You can’t go wrong with pie that tastes like a candy bar, right? I didn’t think so. This pie could be called “Aunt Pennie’s Pie” in my family and we’d all know what you meant. This is the simplest pie I have ever made and the result is a fantastically sweet and nutty pie with an almost brownie like consistency. Topped with freshly whipped cream sweetened only with a touch of pure maple syrup, crowd pleaser fa sho!
Let’s talk about freshly whipped cream, shall we? This is easy and completely superior. Plus, you have a ton of control. You can choose the level of sweetness and add flavors Willy Nilly! A cold bowl, cold beater and some heavy whipping cream is your base. Sweeten with sugar, honey or…??? Sky’s the limit!
You will need the following:
- 3 egg whites beaten stiff
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs about 12 crackers
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tsp vanilla.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add sugar and beat until incorporated.
- Fold in remaining ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour into a greased pie plate and smooth evenly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Maple Whip: 1 cup heavy whipping cream into a cold bowl with a cold beater. Beat vigorously until it begins to stiffen. Add 1/4 cups pure maple syrup, beat until stiff.
- Spread the maple whip over the top of the cooled pie. Refrigerate until you serve.
Make this pie! Seriously, this IS taking the easy way out. Nobody needs to know how easy it was. Accept your accolades and be the gottdamned hero that you are! Swearing Mom out.