It’s Father’s Day! I should be writing about sentimental dad stuff, right? Well, I’m going to go be with my family today and gather up all the love fodder I need to get at you with that tomorrow.
Today, I am going to share a salad that KILLS. I’m taking it with me to my family’s Father’s Day gathering and it’s perfect for this time of year.
You will need the following:
* 3 pounds fresh asparagus. Buy the thinnest you can find for this recipe. The thicker, woodier variety will be too tough.
* 6 small red potatoes, diced.
* 6 strips thick cut bacon, fried crisp and crumbled.
* 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped.
* 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar.
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup honey.
* 4 heaping table spoons dijon mustard
* 1 table spoon dried dill weed.
Add all ingredients to a mason jar and shake vigorously until combined.
1. Boil diced potatoes in salted water until fork tender. Rinse under cold water and set aside.
2. Cut asparagus in 1 inch pieces and blanche in boiling water. DO NOT let it get mushy. It should be aldente with a bit of crunch to it.
3. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing.
NOTE: Making this a day in advance is preferable. The flavors will have time to develop and meld. This recipe will make enough to serve about 12 people as a side dish. Enjoy!