I’m not gonna lie, I’m not afraid of a little bourbon. Maker’s Mark, in particular is a favorite. I’ve always thought it had a nice caramel-brown sugary taste/smell to it. I had some cherries that I needed to use (in fact, a few were already bad and they had to be sorted through) they were quite ripe and perfect for this. I developed this drink last Sunday. I’m not that heavy a drinker, which is to say, I drink when I feel like it, which usually ends up being a few times a month. When I do drink, I make sure it’s worth it! I want to drink something perfect and I want to drink enough of it to get a sweet buzz. Let’s just say that I was disappointed that I had not thought to make this on Saturday when I was to be with my girlfriends, because Sunday I was not drinking and this beverage was TITS! I could have easily tossed back three or four without hesitation. This cocktail is my favorite that I have made so far. Get your cherries and your Maker’s and get right on this… Because TGIF, bitches!
You will need the following:
- Maker’s Mark or a bourbon of your choice
- Cherries, pitted and halved about 1/4 cup per two cocktails
- Brown sugar, 3 Tbsp. per two cocktails
- The juice of half a lemon
- Club soda
- Lay cherries out in an even layer on a lightly greased baking sheet and place into a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, tossing them every five minutes. remove and allow to cool.
- Place 1/4 cup cherries, 3 Tbsp. brown sugar and the juice of half a lemon in a cocktail shaker (you can also use a mason jar and the dull end of a butter knife to muddle), with a muddling tool, smash the three ingredients into a paste.
- Add 3-4oz bourbon to the cherry mixture and swirl or stir well to fully incorporate.
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice, pour bourbon cherry mixture evenly between the two and top off with club soda and a thin slice of lemon.
Do this! Seriously, it is SOOOOO good. You will not regret it.. in fact, I think you may thank me! Kampai!