This margarita is perfect! Seriously, everything about it screams “drink me”! Unlike Alice’s bottle, this one will only make you feel big, your physical body will not actually change. Bonus! Strawberries were on sale and I knew that it was an opportunity to explore some classics. I bought a whopping five pounds of the damned things and got down! I made some desserts, a salad and a sauce (all coming soon!) but my dive into strawberry fields would not be complete without a perfect margarita.
You will need the following:
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 4 Tbsp Agave nectar
- 4oz tequila. A mid grade tequila will work for mixing, preferably reposado. I used Milagro at $26.99 for the bottle.
- 4 oz Triple sec or Cointreau. I prefer Cointreau so, that’s what I used.
- 4 Tbsp. Lime juice
- Lime slices for garnish
- Superfine or caster sugar
- Place strawberries into a blender with 4 Tbsp. agave nectar and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pour a circle of sugar about the size of the rim of your glass onto a dessert plate.
- Run a wedge of lime around the perimeter of the glass and dip rim into sugar. Add ice cubes.
- To a cocktail shaker, add ice and remaining ingredients, including half of the strawberry puree. Give it a whirl and a shake and distribute evenly between glasses.
This recipe is enough for two large or four mid sized margaritas. The fresh strawberries give it a flavor that is beyond beyond good! Shake the dust of the week off and put your feet up while you sip this beauty. TGIF, bitches!