Lawd! What a night! I made these over the weekend and am extremely excited to be sharing it with you! I’m new to gin, but my exploration has been super fun! I have found that I really like Hendrick’s and a lesser known brand called Wilder. Wilder Gin is made a hop skip and a jump from me in Ventura!
So, really, I’m not just catching a buzz, I’m buying local! Yay me! Gin has a rad floral taste to it. It’s herbaceous and bright and pairs well with fruits of all sorts! I decided that I wanted to use the flavors or blackberries and Rosemary for this cocktail. Hence, Black-Mary. We drank these (by the pitcher) on the patio last Saturday and they were as delicious as they were lovely.
Recipe makes four cocktails
- 6 shots gin
- 2 shots Rosemary simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup whole blackberries
- The juice of one lemon
- Club soda
- Add blackberries, simple syrup and lemon juice to a large muddling jar or small pitcher. Mash the hell out of this mixture with a muddling tool or wooden spoon.
- Add gin and stir
- Pour over ice in your cocktail glass of choice.
- Top with club soda, stir and garnish with a couple blackberries.
Rosemary simple syrup
Add 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add 4-6 sprigs Rosemary. Reduce heat and let simmer for about five minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. Enjoy your Friday my lovelies. TGIF, bitches!