Ok, I am just gonna post a quickie here. I hear people say things like “I don’t have time to cook” or “It costs too much to eat healthy”. We could dig deep into the way that healthier food is priced, but that’s not my aim here. I just want to show you what I did for dinner. It took me 20 minutes and cost less than twelve bucks and will feed my family of four TWICE!
You will need the following:
- 1 lbs ground turkey or beef. Buy whichever you prefer and the fat ratio that you can afford. We are going to drain the fat anyway.
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion or half a large, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-15 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 pound spaghetti
- spices and herbs such as basil, oregano or an Italian blend, about a half Tbsp of each. Or none at all! Whatever you like or have available 🙂
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Chop vegetables
- Sautee onions and bell peppers in a hot skillet with a bit of olive oil over medium high heat. Once soft add garlic and ground meat and seasoning. Cook until browned. Add zucchini.
- Next, add tomato sauce and S & P to taste. Let that simmer until your noodles are cooked through.
- Once your pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the pan. Pour your sauce over and toss it well until evenly coated. Serve immediately with parmesan shavings.
Ok? This is SUPER easy and quick week night spaghetti. Don’t get hung up on the details either. You don’t like onions or peppers? Use mushrooms and olives, or just diced tomatoes. I was out of spaghetti and thought “crap, what am I gonna use?” Then I saw linguini… Screw it! Who needs spaghetti?? I would have used the orzo if I hadn’t found a more appropriate pasta. Why? Because no bullshit excuses around here! When life hands you lemons, you make some lemon drops, bitches! Or, in this case you make orzo spaghetti! Bon Appetit!