I have been excited about sharing a recipe that included this ridiculously simple ice cream. Three ingredients, no machine, no cooking and no eggs. homemade ice cream has never been so attainable! The Rock Star loves espresso… His coffee consumption is quite calculated in fact! Starting the morning off right, getting over the midday hump and then that last bit of liquid gumption after dinner. I decided to hook him up with a quick and easy caffeinated dessert with this lovely, delicious and perfectly portioned affogato.
You will need the following:
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- Freeze the bowl and whisk attachment of a stand mixer for about 20 minutes. If using a hand mixer, freeze a bowl and the beaters.
- Pour ice cold whipping cream and the seeds of a scraped vanilla bean into the bowl and beat until peaks are formed.
- Gently fold in sweetened condensed milk.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container, cover with plastic wrap and a lid. Freeze at least six hours or over night.
- Using a small scoop or mellon baller, add a few scoops to an espresso glass or small coffee mug. Top with a shot or two of espresso and serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this! The husband sure did. Swearing Mom out.