Yep! You read that right, I said Caramel Corn Butter Cake! I can’t think of a more delicious sounding sentence, can you? We had a work event and I wanted to bring something especially decadent… This fit the bill. The buttery flavor of the bundt cake, the caramel topping, combined with the caramel corn was a flavor and textural explosion! Not only was it delicious but, it was also exceptionally lovely. Golden and unique, this cake is a show stopper!
You will need the following:
- 1 box yellow cake mix, prepared according to instructions EXCEPT replace the oil with one stick softened butter.
- One recipe caramel sauce. Follow THIS recipe but omit the salt.
- One recipe caramel corn. Follow THIS recipe but omit the cayenne. You will use about a third of the recipe for the cake… enjoy the rest. It’s a dirty job but, you can handle it 🙂
- Turn your bundt cake out onto a cake stand or plate, allow to cool completely.
- Drizzle the entire caramel recipe over the top and let it ooze beautifully down the sides allowing some to go into the center.
- When ready to set it out, sprinkle the caramel corn generously over the top and around the sides of the cake.
NOTE: If you are short on time, store bought caramel and caramel corn could be used. You need to make the choice that best fits your life. Don’t kill yourself, this cake will be a stunner either way!
Photo credit: Baron Norris http://www.norriscollaborative.com