Chicken legs and thighs are a winner in my house. This is a good thing because they are also cheap! But coming up with new ways to gussy them up can be problematic. I mean seriously, this morning, before 8am, I had already refused to count the cereal in my son’s bowl, admonished the other one for touching his brother’s butt and played chase with the dog to get my bra back. Am I seriously expected to be revolutionary in the kitchen as well? Thankfully, I made this chicken on Sunday and made enough for two nights! Winning! To top it off, this recipe is stupid easy and you probably have everything in your kitchen already. Just add chicken!
You will need the following:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp smoky paprika
- Mix the above ingredients together and pour over raw chicken in a large bowl.
- Let it marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet and place in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Turn it once half way through.
- Raise the oven temp to 425 degrees, pour remaining glaze over the pieces and bake for another 15-25 minutes. The juices should run clear.
Serve your yummy chicken with your favorite sides and satisfy even your pickiest of eaters! Swearing Mom out.