The Rockstar doesn’t care for carrots. Because of this, they aren’t one of my “go to” veggies. However, when my pickiest eater, the littlest Klooster, requests them, mama’s gotta go for it! These carrots turned out exactly how I hoped they would. They were tender and sweet with just enough kick from the ginger to give ’em some zing! They are just as fit for a Tuesday as they would be for the Thanksgiving table! I used 12 carrots. They shrunk up pretty good, we ate them all as our side which is something I can feel God about! Three carrots per Klooster is a totally legit ratio!
You will need the following:
- 12 carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup of honey, I used my friend Suzy’s honey!
- 1-2 inches (depending on how much zip you want) ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 Tbsp smoky paprika
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the butter to a cast iron skillet over medium high heat to melt.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, ginger and paprika.
- Dump the peeled and sliced carrots into the skillet with the melted butter. Pour the honey mixture over top and stir well to evenly coat the carrots. Continue to sauté the carrots for about five minutes.
- Once the carrots start to soften, pop them into the oven for 25-30 minutes. They will become crisp around the edges and tender in the middle.
- Optional garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Serve these and watch carrots become a family tradition. Swearing Mom out.