Fresh as a Daisy Lemon Bowl
This is good stuff right here, people. This centerpiece is remarkably easy, especially when you consider the impact it will have on your table’s decor. I do this myself fairly often. Even though I have the ability to create just about any centerpiece I like, after years of doing weddings and specialty event flowers, I have developed a love of simplicity. A single variety of flower in a tidy bunch, is more my speed these days. My lemon bowl centerpiece is simple enough for anyone to put together and unique enough to satisfy the desire to make your table special.
Here’s what you will need:
* A shallow bowl. Something appropriate to the size of the table and preferably one that is lovely and will compliment your decor.
* Enough lemons to fill the bowl with a large mound
* One bunch of pompon daisies. Any variety of mum will work for this application (Can I get an amen on the frugal tip?)
* Tooth picks
* Fill bowl with lemons
* If you have a hard time arranging the lemons into a nice mound, use the toothpicks to keep them in place.
* Cut blossoms from the stems, leaving about 3 inches of stem on each
* Insert blossoms into the crevices between the lemons. Fill in all gaps from the rim of the bowl to the top of the lemon mound
That’s it! Didn’t I say it would be easy? Not only that, but it’s really striking and seems like more effort that it actually was.
Bonus Tip: If you have a long table and would like to spread the decor around, simply use smaller bowls and smaller mounds of lemons. Disperse them down the table. Done and done!
One Comment Add yours
Love this !