TGIF, B!tches! The weekend is here and it’s time to let your hair down! What better way than with a delicious cocktail? I decided to use gin for this beverage, even though I am usually a vodka girl. I thought that the honey and the lavender would be a perfect accent to the floral notes of juniper in the gin. Not so shockingly, I was dead on the money! This is a simple drink and could be made in larger batches for a gathering, but I am going to make a pair. You will need the following:
- Gin, I used Hendrick’s
- Bar Keep’s Lavender Bitters
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 or 3 sprigs of mint
- 3 Tbsp honey
- Club soda
- Add mint, honey and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker or pint glass.
- Use a muddling tool to grind your ingredients. Just enough to release the flavor of the mint into the lemon and the honey. If you don’t have a muddling tool, the dull end of a butter knife will do.
- Pour two generous shots of gin into the shaker, and give it a swirl.
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice and add 4-6 drops of the lavender bitters into each glass.
- Strain into the rocks glasses and top off with club soda. Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy!
I found this cocktail to be light and refreshing and not too sweet. If you prefer a drink that is more on the sweet side, add 4 Tbsp. (2 per serving) honey or more to your liking. I hope you all make a reason to celebrate this weekend and that you will drink responsibly, because seriously, trips to jail, the E.R. or the morgue are all total buzzkills. Swearing Mom out!
2 Comments Add yours
Oh, hell YUM!