If you need a quick and ultra simple treat to take to a party, this is good and elegant bet! We all know that red wine and chocolate pair well, and this is all the proof you’ll need.
You will need the following:
- 16 oz dark chocolate. This can be finely chopped or in chip form.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp Cabernet (or another dry red will do)
- 4 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place chocolate and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Bring heavy cream to a boil. Do not allow to boil for long to avoid scorching.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate and butter. Begin mixing vigorously. Add wine, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours. The mixture will harden but will still be soft enough to scoop.
- Roll into bite sized balls and roll in the cocoa powder. Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.