Yeah… Brown. Sugar. Pie. I LOVE brown sugar. If there’s a way to use it instead of other sweeteners, chances are, I’m doing that. I use it in my coffee and in my cocktails, I prefer it to other options for uses such as sweetening the tomatoes for My Bruschetta as well.
And then there’s butter… you know how some recipes ask you to cream together butter and brown sugar until fluffy? Yeah, that’s an exercise in self control for me not to just dig in with a spoon! I may or may not have done that before. When I came upon this pie, I searched through several recipes and they all had butter and brown sugar in common. That’s when I knew that this pie would be tits! A keeper for sure!
You will need the following:
- One pie crust. You can make it from scratch if you like, but like I always say, I’m busy! I bought a pie crust for this and you should do what works for YOU.
- 1 pound of light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- Prepare the pie crust in your dish.
- In a stand mixer, cream together brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt until thoroughly incorporated.
- Drizzle in the melted butter until combined and pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until the pie is set. It may have a slight jiggle but will not be wobbly or look like liquid.
Next time I make this ultra simple pie, I will whip up some heavy cream, leave it unsweetened and serve each slice with a dollop. Swearing Mom out.