If you watch, you know that tomorrow is practically a high holiday! The Walking Dead season 7 premier is airing 6pm EST. This lucky gal right here will be attending a special screening at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery tomorrow afternoon with my friend Saira who actually won the tickets and is letting me tag along! I read about this Rye Whiskey a while back and have been wanting to use it. What better way to use Corsair’s Ryemageddon, than in a tribute to this incredible event and the episode that promises to shake all true fans to their core??? This is a very smooth, almost creamy whiskey made with malted rye and chocolate rye. It’s rich and full all on it’s own, but the concoction I came up with is sure to be a hit and help settle those nerves while you officially dive in to the shit show that will be the season 7 premier. Will it be Glenn? Maybe it’s Abraham… Does Rick leave that trailer with both hands? And… what about Maggie???? Go out and get yourself the ingredients for this post haste! You can get this whiskey at Whole Foods and Bevmo and a multitude of stores depending on where you live. For more information on this distillery and where you can purchase visit them on their site at www.corsairdistillery.com
You will need the following:
- Corsair’s Ryemageddon Rye Whiskey or some other American Rye
- 1 orange quartered
- ground cinnamon
- brown sugar
- sparkling water
- Arrange your orange wedges on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with cinnamon. Pop them under the broiler for 4-6 minutes until they start to expand and char. Remove and set aside.
- In a shaker glass, add two wedges of the charred orange and 3 heaping Tbsp brown sugar. With a muddling tool, smash the crap out of it. The sugar will help macerate the oranges and release the juices and the cinnamon.
- Next, add three full shots of whiskey. Give it a stir.
- Pour over two ice filled glasses and top off with sparkling water.
For effect you can drop a chunk of dry ice into your glasses and really feel as though you’re in the thick of it with Rick and the gang! Do this and report back with your thoughts on what promises to be a gut wrenching episode! Swearing Mom out.