It’s hard to get anything that even resembles actual food into your kiddos when Halloween is in full swing. Candy for daaaaaaaaaays, bitches! While this is nowhere near being a healthy meal, it’s a fun way to get a bite of dinner on a special occasion. It’s easy to set these up for the kids to do it themselves. They will completely enjoy it since it’s much like playing with play dough and as an added bonus, you won’t have to do it… along with everything else. You know, all the things. We had our friends Abbas and Colby over to enjoy these with us. So, I wanted to make it festive when they were working on their mummy dogs. So, I made them witch’s brew punch as well! I just mixed half juice and half sparkling water. They didn’t even realize that I had watered down their juice because of my diversion tactic… DRY ICE! I bought some cheapy Halloween themed tumblers and paper straws to keep their faces far away from the dry ice. I guess now is the time I have to give a disclaimer: Do not let your children touch, play with, lick, drink, throw, lob, roll, kick or hit the dry ice! It’s dangerous and could burn their fingers. lips, tongues etc.
You will need the following:
- 1 pack of eight hot dogs (the best quality that you can afford. You know, the high end lips and assholes)
- 1 can refrigerated croissant dough, cut into 24 strips (3 per dog)
- Cut about 1/3 of the way up the middle of the dog long ways. This will make your legs.
- Next, cut the arms on either side at an angle to create the arms.
- Give a naked dog mummy to each kiddo along with three strips of dough and have them wrap the arms, legs, torso and head as they see fit!
- Place on a greased baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 12 minutes or until they begin to turn golden brown around the edges.