“To fill the bowl and roll out the banel, Have ourselves a fling!” This is a lyric from one Christmas carol of many about gathering with friends and family to warm our spirits by each other’s fires throughout the holiday season. When we are invited to a party, bringing an appetizer to share is a lovely way to take some of the burden from the host… Maybe you are the host! In either case, we need to spend our time wisely, but we also need to put our best foot forward! This appetizer is a complete show stopper and is ultra simple. The tart cranberry sauce is in perfect contrast with buttery brie. Add in the puff pastry and sage… mind=blown.
You will need the following:
- 1 wheel of Brie
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2/3 cup chunky cranberry sauce. You can buy canned but this yummy recipe is super simple and delicious!
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1 egg
- Thaw puff pastry according to package. Roll one sheet out lightly with a rolling pin. Not too thin, just spread it out a bit.
- Place Brie in center of puff pastry sheet.
- Top with cranberry sauce, sage and walnuts.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl
- Pull the edges of the pastry together over the toppings and fold over neatly securing the edges with some egg.
- Brush the rest of the egg liberally over the entire surface of the pastry.
- Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Serve Immediately with crackers for a show stopping appetizer! If you’re ready to be a freaking hero, this shit is for you! Swearing Mom out.